Dr. Donald Grant Dingwall was born in Glengary County near Lancaster Ontario on the sixth of October 1882. He graduated from Queens University Faculty of Medicine in 1906 and worked as a construction camp doctor for the Grand Trunk Railway, now the C.N.R., between Wabigoon and Quibell. In 1910 he did post graduate work in London, England and returned to Dryden in 1911 where he set up practice with Dr. Blair. They were joined by Dr. Morrison in later years. Dr. Bill Wigle joined Dr. Dingwall in the fall of 1949 in his offices above the Dryden Pharmacy. They were subsequently joined by Dr. W. G. Cameron in the spring of 1951. This group constructed the Dingwall Clinic at 56 King Street, which opened in the fall of 1954 providing office space for the above named, plus Dr. Knox. The first hospital facility in Dryden was provided by Dr. Dingwall who had beds in his own home for sick patients.
Dr. Dingwall retired from practice in 1967 and died in the Dryden District General Hospital on the tenth of September 1972.
His name is remembered and his tradition of service is honoured today by the Physicians bearing the name Dingwall Medical Group.